Got Jesus? Know Jesus, Know Peace, No Jesus, No Peace – Here’s Some Good News About Jesus and Eternal Life!
Do you know the Good News about Jesus Christ? Below you will find Scripture verses that explain God’s plan of salvation in Jesus Christ. Please read these Scriptures and if you have a question or if you trusted Christ as your savior,- please contact us at Mountaintop Retreat.
- Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; – We need to recognize that we are a sinner by nature and by choice. Our thoughts and actions are contrary to God’s plan and purposes, causing us to fall short of His glory,
- Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. – We deserve death in hell – eternal punishment for the sins that we have committed against God.
- Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. – God sent His only Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for our sin, and He loved us so much that He died to take our punishment, so that we could receive your salvation.
- 1 Corinthians 15:3,4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: Will you put your trust and faith in what Jesus Christ has already done for you?
- If you have made the decision to trust Christ as your personal Savior, you may want to pray to God to thank Him for the gift of eternal life that He has provided for you. But remember that you are saved by trusting in the gospel, not by saying a prayer. God is concerned with the condition of your heart, not some words that you recite. If you want to thank God for this gift, but aren’t really sure how to pray to Him, you can use the following as a guide.
- Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner. I know that, as a sinner, I deserve death. And I know that I cannot earn eternal life or work my way to heaven. But I believe that You died for my sins on the cross and paid my debt so that I can have eternal life as a free gift. I believe that you rose from the dead for my justification. I have decided to trust in you as my Savior and receive that gift. Thank you for dying for me and for your free gift of eternal life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
- If it wasn’t for the Gospel (“Good News”) of Jesus Christ, Mountaintop Retreat would have no real purpose. We want everyone to hear the “Good News,” even if they have to go to Bible Camp on the WWW. If you have already received Christ as your personal Savior show this site to someone else.